Thursday, December 2, 2010

Using Google’s Keyword Tool

Hello,

I started out the day today they wanting to write about Google Adsense, decided to talk about searching for keywords, and why I am doing so.

First thing I did was logged into my Google Adwords account,( If you don’t have one it is easy to set one up, activation cost a one time fee of $5. ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO PAUSE YOUR AD CAMPAIGNE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO START POSTING) once logged in I went to a tab marked “ Reporting and Tools”. When you click on it a drop down menu appears, go down to “Keyword Tool”, Click on it and you are taken to a page that will allow you to search for keywords or keyword phrases.


On this page look for these words:
Find keywords
Based on one or both of the following:
Word or phrase (one per line)

This will be where you enter your search words or phrases. Now I decided to search for keyword searches and keyword search tools. A list comes up and the course instructed me to look for 2 things:

1) which keywords have high pay-per-click values, and high bidder densities.
2) very few competing sites for non-sponsored results.

In a nut shell this means find keywords that have few competitors and high keyword bids. Then you want to develop your site, or in this case my article around my keyword search results, doing so will optimize my article and help me attract the Adsense ads that will pay me the most, and in theory help drive traffic to my blog.

How to determine which keywords have high pay-per-click values: on the right side of the page you will see 2 tabs, 1) relevance, 2) columns. Now I selected columns, on the drop down menu I selected competition, global monthly searches, local monthly searches, estimated avg. cpc. Now I can see how much competition there is for “keyword search”. I can see how many searches are being done using this particular keyword and all phrases, related to this keyword, both globally and locally. Lastly I can see which keywords or phrases have a high pay-per-click price.

With that done I have decided to optimize my article for “keyword search”. Now this work at home instructs me to use the keywords I am wanting to optimize for 6 times for about every 300 words, which should come out to 1.5% keyword usage.

Now from what I understand, all I have to do is repeat this process every time that I am planning out my next post. The keyword search helps you to optimize the search engine so that you become more visible to searches related to your product or blog, as well doing so should help you to have the best Google Adsense ads for your blog be displayed.

This is only one means of SEO and overtime should drive traffic to you, at least thats what I am being taught.

Before I say bye I want to give you a web site that you can get a FREE copy of “ The Secret Lives of Internet Marketers Revealed”. PLease go to http://www.easyebookrights.com/secretlives/

I hope that my post helps me help others, and may I find some help from the blogesphere on the importance of keyword searchs and SEO.

No comments:

Post a Comment