Monday, December 6, 2010

Spam From Craigslist

Hi, today I decided to warn you about the potential of receiving spam after posting your classified ad on "Craigslist". This morning I was checking my E-mail when I found the following:

--- On Mon, 12/6/10, Marvin Rizzo <BaggottDyke@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Marvin Rizzo
Subject: Re: Re: cell phone tracking software - $59 (marion)
To: "pat simpson"
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 2:09 PM

Recently my work associate sent you an e mail to see if you were still an active Clist member, thanks for responding.

My name is Marvin Rizzo, Chief executive officer of Craigslist. We have recently partnered up with Apple company for a one-time promotional event today, we are giving away free Apple iPads to randomly selected people who have posted an advert on C-list. You have been chosen as one of our newest winners for today. We randomly select numbers to match up with ads on Craig's list and your ad matched with our latest drawing.

We have partnered up with Apple to advertise their most popular product yet, the Apple iPad. Once yet again, we are operating this promotion for one-day only. All you need to do is CLICK HERE http://url040.com/yKijlfGV0D to check out our web site made for this promotion and type in your email to recieve yours for free. Just make sure you enter your email so we may locate our records to guarantee that we have reserved one for you. That's it!

Congrats on winning a free Apple iPad (valued at $800). In case you have any query or concerns, feel free to email me back. However, you need to claim your free iPad first to ensure one will be set-aside for you before the deadline ends. We do understand that you may possibly not receive this e-mail until after the deadline, but, we suggest you check out the website and enter your email to see if we still have yours on hold, which we often-times do because others have not claimed theirs in time.

Marvin Rizzo
CEO, Craigslist



--- On Mon, 12/6/10, Higuchi0906@hotmail.com wrote:

From: Higuchi0906@hotmail.com
Subject: cell phone tracking software - $59 (marion)
To: sale-jzfqf-2097298345@craigslist.org
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 9:22 AM

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html


write back if your absolutely not f.ake


this message was remailed to you via: sale-jzfqf-2097298345@craigslist.org

Sir I will be glad to help you in any way that I, If your are concerned about sending your payment, Please don't worry your payment methods are secure.
If you have any more questions, Please feel free to contact me through e-mail.

Thank you

Patrick Simspon
My Phone :765-573-4146
My Email is : ziggy2get69@yahoo.com

Now this is very upsetting to me, because I thought that I had a potential customer with concerns about making a purchase. As you can see I did what I believe any business owner should do. I sent a timely reply to let them know that I was real and I would be happy to help them in any way possible. About an hour or two later I checked my E-mail again and I found yet another reply to the reply that I took my time to reply to in the first place. It was spam from the CEO of Craigslist.

I can not speak for anyone else but myself, this is unacceptable. It wasted my valuable time I need in order to build my business, it was a disapointment as I thought that I may have potentially sold a product and had a chance to create some repeat business.

I have decided to not use "craigslist" any more!!!! I need to place ads to get my products and business out in front of the masses, but not at the expense of being spammed and wasting my time.


This is not what I had planned to write about today, but the good lord gave me this E-mail to stu over today. I decided to let others know and hopefully others will not have to be surprised by such spam tactics. I am not sure if I am alone, but I feel better now that I have shared this with the blosophere!!

And has always grab your free copy of “ The Secret Lives of Internet Marketers Revealed”.
I have included a permanent link over on the side. Good luck in all your home business adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment