Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Starting a work at home business

In the previous post I wrote a article promoting a digital product called "Your Cheating Spouse". Why? Well lets go back to 2007.

In 2007 around October I had started to research work at home businesses and jobs, I was sick and tired of busting my but everyday for someone else and living pay check to pay check. In my research I found an opportunity for a work at home business, it was only $ 30 or so, it involved no face to face selling, no huge startup cost, or so it seemed. The course was called “Typing For Cash”. The course basically taught me how to sign up for a google account, paypal account, clickbank account, and a blog.

In 2007 the 1st thing that I did was sign up for a google email address from gmail, which made since because next I signed up for google adsense. The sign up process’s are pretty straight forward, if I had any problems their is plenty of help topics for solutions, although finding the solutions can be pretty time consuming.

Next I signed up for a blog on zoofer.com, a must for my work at home venture. I also signed up for blogger.com, for a blog here on blogger.Then finally I signed up at clickbank.com to become an affiliate marketer.

I was about to find out how working at home was alot of work with no success, to speak of, I had made $26.26 in 3 years, with typing for cash. I was very frustrated with the results I was getting with my new work at home business, and eventually gave up until recently, when I started looking for a way to own my own work at home business that was legit!! Again!!

In 2007 I started blogging and posting classified ads promoting products for my work at home business, which I got from click bank. For the 1st month I posted new articles daily, trying to understand and use key words to optimize my search engine results, to get a higher page rank.

After a few months of working hard and being frustrated I gave up. I continued to keep check on my accounts and since then have sold a couple products, but didn’t get paid for some reason. Altogether I had earned around $60. Thats both the products and adsense ads combined.

So here I am in November of 2010 and again I am trying to start a work at home business. The difference this time is that this particular work at home course I came across as a result of doing research on working at home and found an investigative report on my local news stations web site. The news interviewed a women that they found when doing their research on legitimate work at home opportunities, she lives right here in my home town and since 2009 has been earning at least $5,000 a month since 4 weeks after she started!!!!!

I bought the course and not surprising to me it is exactly what I got into 3yrs. ago.

Ok, I know what you may be thinking, why try the same type of work at home business again? Right?

Well, this time around, 1) I know that someone local is earning a decent amount of $$$$ working at home, 2) After looking over all the material that came with the course, knowing from my work at home adventure in 2007,I know that everything I need as far as info to succeed, seems to be here.

Now with that being said, the company that I bought the course from offers 1 on 1 coaching, for which I can not afford right.

But I am convinced that anyone can start a work at home business like this and succeed, with a coach would be the best but as I said I will be building my work at home business without that luxury.

This course starts out in the same manner as typing for cash, but I had to sign up for a domain and hosting with hostgator.com. I had to start blogging again, create my own site, located at www.getziggys.com. And of course start promoting my product using classifieds, blogging, and soon google ad words campaignes.

So now you know why I am writing this blog, my hope is that through my sucesses and failures that I may learn while I help others avoid costly mistakes with starting their work at home adventures.

I hope that any one whom as advice will feel welcome to share by linking to me and leaving comments.

I will be updating my post at least 3-4 times a week with articles outlining the steps I am taking to build this work at home business. Until next time may you succeed in your adventures!!











No comments:

Post a Comment